Decrease Stress and Increase CHRIST!
The Bible is filled with verses about giving your problems to the Lord and not stressing out.
Give your burdens to the Lord. Psalm 55:22
Don’t let your heart be troubled. John 14:1
Trust in the Lord. Proverbs 3:5
Cast all your anxiety on Him. 1 Peter 5:7
How do we apply these verses to our own lives when we are already overwhelmed and super stressed? Below are the basic tips that experts agree will help you de-stress during the holidays. I will add simple and easy tips to incorporate CHRIST to help decrease stress and increase CHRIST during the CHRISTmas season! I use all of these tips and I know that they work.
1. Body - Do not overeat or drink too much. Boo!
- Fast a meal and focus on prayer during that time.
- Drink more water and every time you drink a glass think – When I pass through deep waters, the Lord is always with me! Isaiah 43:2
2. Health - Exercise More… MORE BOO!
- Walk around the neighborhood with a friend. I pick a prayer topic and we pray (usually silently) and walk together. The fellowship is wonderful and if we have problems we talk them out.
- A sweet friendship refreshes the soul. Proverbs 27:9
- Workout and pray! Here is a free download of one of the songs I workout with. Focus on telling God your needs! The full album will be available January 2019!
3. Time - Cut Back on Commitments and Rest More
- Cut back on your social commitments, but commit more to God.
- Go to a Wednesday or evening service if you know you will not make it to church Sunday AM.
- Another tip that I use all the time – invite a friend to church so you can’t back out!
4. Mind - BE THANKFUL!!!
- Make a Jesus stocking! Write down blessings and thanksgivings throughout the season and put in a stocking. Read them CHRISTmas day before opening presents (or after, if little ones can’t wait)!
WARNING - I came up with tip #5, not an expert. I use it frequently during the CHRISTmas season! My family does a great job driving me straight to #5!
5. Just have a drink and watch Bravo!
- Bailey’s and Hot Chocolate is my holiday drink of choice.
- E-Mail me at Lori@ShePraise.com for my recipe!
All joking aside, I use these tips because they really work. I enjoy incorporating family and friends into de-stressing and spreading CHRIST! WIN WIN!
Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
Shop at ShePraise.com and get FREE SHIPPING!
Social media is very important to the success of ShePraise.com so please follow, share, like, and comment on Facebook – click here to follow!
Much love and Pray CONTINUALLY! 1 Thessalonians 5:17